Wedding Traditions: Guide and Resources Directory
Welcome to our Bridal website. In this website, we have gathered information about traditional wedding ceremonial activities and some tips here and there. To view the information, click on the links that follow throughout the site.
What goes on in a traditional American wedding?
There are many things that goes on in a wedding preparation. The couple first has to decide when the wedding is going to take place. Then they start looking for a location where they are going to celebrate their wedding. Most Americans either rent a country club, or a garden where they rent out to do their wedding reception. Most country clubs are occupied months or sometimes even years in advance, so if you're planning on renting a country club for your wedding, its either you take the next available date and do your wedding around that date, or if you want a specific date as your wedding day then you will most probably end up on a waiting list.
The next thing that goes on in wedding preparation is where you're going to live after you're married. Some couples put a down payment on a house a few months before they get married so that way when they get married they have a place to call it their own. It is always easier to have a house in advance before you're married because after the reception you have a place where you can place your wedding gifts then head out to your honeymoon. If you do not have a place before you get married then either you will place your wedding gifts at someone's house and have them keep it by them until you get back from your honeymoon, or you can also rent out a storage place and remove your gifts after you return from your honeymoon. In the American wedding tradition it is known that in the past the bride's family pays for the entire wedding and reception, and the wedding is normally kept within the family budget. Although the brides family pays for the wedding and reception it is usually normal that the grooms family asks to pitch in with the wedding expenses. Either paying for the liquor or for the wedding entertainment. The brides family can then decide if they would like to take on the offer or not.
Even though this is the American tradition, more couples now a days tend to plan their weddings ahead of time and at the same time save up for it. So that way they can have their own wedding just the way they want it without bothering anyone.
In traditional American weddings the grooms family is responsible for these wedding expenses: the bride's engagement and wedding ring, the grooms wedding attire, his doctor's visit and blood test, the marriage license, the clergyman's fee or donation, gifts for the best man and ushers, boutonnieres for the groom and ushers and sometimes the bridal bouquet, and the going away corsage.
The additional expenses the bride pays are the: purchase of bridesmaid's dresses, shoes and accessories, transportation to and from the location of the wedding, an individual gift to the couple, and a shower luncheon for the bride.
After the wedding and reception area are ready and reserved next is finding the right right wedding outfit for the bride to be and deciding who will be in the wedding party. The wedding party normally has a best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid's, ring boy, and a flower girl. Then going out and getting the dresses and accessories for the maid of honor, bridesmaid's and flower girl. You can chose how ever many bridesmaid's and flower girls in your wedding, but there are normally just one maid of honor, best man, and ring boy in a wedding.
The wedding invitation's are normally sent out in the postal mail 2-3 months prior to the actual wedding. With the invitation is a map of the location, a small card with a self stamped envelope that will let your guest indicate how many people will be present at the wedding reception so that the couple could do the catering food accordingly, and the guest will have to either mail back the little card or they could also call the couple to RSVP. Then after all of that is done the couple will go out to a bakery and pick their wedding cake. At this time the limousine and the florist arraignments will also be ready and then when the wedding day comes the couple do not have anything to worry about. Of course you can always reduce your wedding planning stress if you would want to hire a wedding coordinator.
To view more information about wedding traditions, click here.
--Below resources were provided by other online users.
We highly encourage you to visit them as they may be helpful to you:
- When sealing at high temperatures, the ring may be pressurized to compensate for the loss in strength of the ring at elevated temperatures. If you're trying to attempt some sort of metallic seal, check out information regarding it first.
- When my brother and I decided to start investing in real estat properties, we did a lot of thinking about where to invest and we finally came to the conclusion that the best place for us to invest would be in Sitka, Alaska. Therefore, we are now searching for properties in Sitka Alaska.
- The other day my wife and I met with a local real estate agent and we viewed a home value report killeen texas. We saw that this new home listings Copperas Cove Texas confirmed for us that this is a nice place to live. We also looked at a copperas cove home value report and we plan to see some lovely Lampasas Real estate.
- The best custom custom kitchen mats manufacturer is custommadefloormats.com. They can make any custom logo mat for you. Whether you need industrial mats or custom indoor mats, they are a trusted source that can deliver every time.
- Since I want our aerospace plant to run efficiently, I endorse using some excellent aluminum dust collection. I would recommend these production welding assembly conveyors because they work efficiently. We also use some surface dry cleaning booths and these products help us to do the job right.
- One of my friends is now working for a disaster recovery consulting firm. He worked for the fbi for several years so now he is putting his experience to good work. He said that the likes to do disaster recovery consulting because he wants to teach others how to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- One of my friends and his wife have moved to texas and now they want to get settled in. He told me that they met with a real estate agent and they looked at some copperas cove real estate. He said that this copperas cove real estate is really great. They plan to make an offer on some texas real estate soon.
- Last Monday I spoke with our contractor and we talked about some excellent long island kitchen cabinets. I asked around and I was told that the team at long island kitchen cabinets is professional. Our contractor endorses the teams at decorative hardware long island and kitchen cabinets long island. The staff at kitchen cabinet long island provides first rate products.
- If you would like information about our acoustic electric bass then please take a look at our musical equipment at www.bsxbass.com. If you would like more information, please feel free to give us a call, we'll be happy to help you.
- If you want fun and exciting 12u baseball tournaments; cooperstownbaseballworld.com is what you want to bookmark. They have excellent youth baseball tournaments at cooperstownbaseballworld.com too!
- If you want expert help and guidance when it comes to foreclosed homes in Killeen or Fort Hood, then I recommend you contact Bonnie at fthoodproperties.com. She is the most knowledgeable realtors in the Killeen and Fort Hood areas that I interviews, and believe me I did my research
- If you are looking to rent boom lifts or any other construction equipment, check out Construction Rental Equipment (yes that is the name of their rental company. They offer the most reasonable prices for boom lift rental .
- If you are looking for some really nice area rugs, then you should take a look at this site for all that we have to offer. Door Mats and More stocks a large selection of decorative custom logo mats from leading manufacturers such as Bacova, Capel and Gulistan. Our Area Rugs are available in a variety of sizes including small, room sized and runner. We have many styles from contemporary to traditional to transitional and beyond
- If you are looking for a curing oven for your needs, then you should check out this site. A curing oven can be custom designed to meet your specific drying requirements.Ovens can be provided with halogen, infra-red as well as high velocity convection and or a combination of all, if required. Check it out.
- I wanted to find a store in Los Angeles that had affordable designer carpets, and I several of my neighbors told me to check out Melrose Carpet. I am so glad they referred me there, as they had great prices.
- I found the most amazing broker who helped me find the perfect home for my budget. If you too are looking for Fort Hood real estate, let Robert Herrings help you too.
- I found the best manufacturers of boxes in San Bernardino called Corrbox. If anyone needs custom corrugated boxes San Bernardino area of Southern California, I strongly recommend Corrbox.
- I found amazing food grade conveyors at Rhodes Conveyors. They were holding a meet and greet at their manufacturing facility in Kentucky. They're craftsmanship blew me away. They have over 60 conveyor utility patents.
- I did lots of sue diligence on finding the best Beverly Hills sober living home for my husband; yes Miracle Terrace was the only choice in that regard.
- I asked my best friend where she had her cosmetic surgery done in Santa Barbara, and she insisted that I don't go to anyone other plastic surgeon other than Dr. Roger Kohn MD that he performs the best cosmetic surgery Santa Barbara has to offer.. I believed her as she looked so great.
- I am so impressed with the quality of the wood spray finishing systems manufactured by RSI. They are head and shoulders better than their competition on my view.
- Given that my sister really enjoys singing armenian gospel songs, she was pleased to find a site online that has these praise songs. She also asked around and she was told that these armenian gospel songs are wonderful. She also wants to learn how to sing old armenian songs and some armenian church songs.
- Given that I work in a warehouse, we often need to do industrial dismantling. We use a company to do our industrial dismantling. They hired this company to do the work. They will take these machines apart and dispose of the parts properly. They have authorization to remove the equipment safely.
Click on the following links to read more.